Annual General Meeting
Annual General Meetings (AGMs) or annual meetings (if the setup is more informal) are a vital and important cornerstone of an active and inclusive alumni network.
They provide a great opportunity for getting everyone ‘on board’ for the coming year, convening the wider membership and developing a sense of community amongst your network members.
To help you get started, please see the step by step toolkit to arranging an Annual General Meeting. You may also draw inspiration from previous AGMs hosted by other local alumni networks, such as the 2019 AGM of the Danida Alumni Network Ghana and the 2020 AGMs of the networks in Kenya, Mexico and Burkina Faso.
AGM grants available for local alumni networks
Local alumni network boards may apply for a grant of up to DKK 4000 to cover meeting expenses. In order to be eligible for this opportunity, the network must:
- Have at least 20 signed up Danida alumni members (in addition to Denmark alumni if included in the network) and with open membership for all Danida alumni in your country
- Have been in existence for at least one year
- Have arranged a minimum of two alumni activities (excluding meetings of the network board/ coordinating committee
The type of expenses that can be covered by an AGM grant includes refreshments and a light lunch and the cost of an external speaker to help effectively address a relevant and timely topic.
Should you meet the above criteria, then you are invited to submit an application for funding, along with an estimated budget, to email@example.com. Your application must include the draft agenda, expected number of participants and details of any partner representatives or external speakers/facilitators.
Note that approval of an AGM grant by DFC will take up to 2 weeks, following submission of a proposal.
Within one month of completing the AGM, the following has to be submitted electronically to DFC at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- List of participation (including information on the Alumni members)
- Breakdown of final budget including copies of receipts
- The final programme
- Three pictures
- Summary Report on the meeting outcomes