This year Danida Fellowship Centre awarded Dr.
Recipients of Alumni Activity Grants chosen
September 23, 2018
The second Call for Applications regarding the Alumni Activity Grant was announced earlier this year. We received 15 applications from seven different countries. Of the proposed activities eight projects were chosen to receive a grant of up to 9000DKK. These are as follows:
- Promoting environmental conservation through tree planting and bee keeping activities
- Sensitization on climate smart technologies dryland forestry products for increased food security
- Workshop to strengthen ties between Danida alumni in academia and Industry
- The taste of Morogoro Food Festival (Food Safety and Traceability)
- Strengthening school menstrual hygiene management and use of family planning
- Sustainable waste management through innovative technologies
- Stakeholders forum on opportunities for managing coconut residues in Accra and Tema
- Empowering rural women from Tamale in the shea nut industry – training in shea soap production.
We are excited to follow the activities closely and will keep all alumni and partners updated on our website, in newsletters and on Facebook and LinkedIn.
The third Call concerning Danida Activity Grants is planned to be announced at the end of the year.