How to start your local Danida Alumni Network
If you're interested in starting your own local Danida Alumni Network, the 7 steps below may provide a helpful starting point:
- Find other enthusiastic Danida alumni: together you will form a Coordinating Committee/ Board to facilitate a local alumni network
- Define the alumni network's objectives
- Write a short strategic plan click here
- Develop a concrete action plan which focuses on recruitment of members and activities that can be explored and expanded.
- Contact an existing alumni network for advice for example in Ghana or Vietnam click here
- Contact the Danish embassy in your country (if there is one) and invite them to become a partner, e.g. as an external advisor or an Honorary Board Member
- Find potential members of your Danida Alumni Network through the Danida Fellowship Alumni Directory click here (only open for Danida Alumni Network members)
Danida Fellowship Centre supports local Coordinating Committees/Boards to both establish and manage their local networks. As part of this, we facilitate experience exchange and skills development opportunities for representatives of these groups. An example is the local network workshop that we hosted in Denmark in 2018.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you want help from Danida Fellowship Center to work with others to build an alumni network.