What is the Danida Alumni Network?
Danida Alumni Network connects Danida alumni and encourages them to stay in touch with each other and with Denmark. The network’s digital platform facilitates connections and collaboration between alumni and Danish universities, companies, NGOs, foundations and other stakeholders.
Danida alumni are current or former Danida fellows, who have pursued Master's or PhD degrees, or completed qualifying courses for professionals arranged by or at Danish institutions of higher and further education. Since the very first Danida fellows came to Denmark in the 1960s, about twenty thousand individuals from 120 countries in the Global South have been awarded Danida Fellowships.
All over the world Danida alumni take up important positions, holding jobs where they influence and effect change. In different capacities - from doctors and nurses to teachers, professors, judges, government ministers and CEOs - they drive development in a broad spectrum of sectors.
Many Danida alumni have stayed in the hostel at Danida Fellowship Centre in the heart of Frederiksberg and spent time in either Copenhagen or another Danish city as part of their fellowship. They therefore share a unique connection to Denmark, and through social and cultural activities they have established close relationships that transcend professional boundaries, national borders and cultural identity.
The network’s purpose
To strengthen and build on the linkages and partnerships within this unique global network, Danida Fellowship Centre launched Danida Alumni Network in May 2016 with the following purpose:
- Establish professional and social networks and connections – both nationally and internationally - with the aim of stimulating knowledge exchange and learning across sectors.
- Provide a platform for assessing programme results through beneficiary feedback and use this as a basis for learning and future improvements.
- Enhance the visibility of Danida’s results and achievements through alumni events, media coverage, or the publication of programme assessments.
- Further Denmark's public and economic diplomacy, by facilitating connections between Danish institutions and highly qualified Danida alumni in the Global South.
- Provide opportunities for networking between Danida alumni and Danish companies in pursuit of innovative and sustainable business solutions, potentially as part of Danida’s private sector programmes.
The network’s key stakeholders:
As part of leveraging the network’s diversity and multifaceted potential in pursuit of our purpose, the Danida Alumni Network offers an inclusive platform for engaging actors across sectors. The network’s primary stakeholder groups are:
- Danida alumni
- Danish companies and institutions
- Academia in Denmark and in partner countries
We warmly invite all Danida alumni to join the Danida Alumni Network.
Danida Alumni Network is administered by a dedicated team of the Danida Fellowship Centre.