Outcome on the Danida Alumni Activity Grant January 2018
As a new initiative to boost local alumni activities Danida Fellowship Centre offers activity grants to Danida alumni who are accepted as members of the Danida Alumni Network (DAN).
The deadline for the first Call was 26 January 2018. We received 20 applications of which 7 have been awarded with a grant for financial support of up to 10,000 DKK for an alumni activity or event within the following categories:
- Activities or events that strengthen the local alumni community
- Activities or events that promote networking and collaboration between your country and Denmark
- Activities or events that promote sustainable development by addressing one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals
It was further specified in the Call that the activity should benefit the alumni network as a whole and involve as many alumni as possible.
Countries where the grant has been awarded:
- Ghana: Seminars – to get more girls into science based courses and careers in cooperation with KNUST/Kumasi
- Nepal: Workshop on role of Nepalese Universities in addressing Sustainable Development Goals
- Uganda: Bi-annual Danida alumni plant clinic and ECO schools – pilot on waste management/GULU
- Kenya: Networking event for women in management among Danida alumni and Capacity building workshop on climate change
- Benin: Establishment and launch of a local alumni network
Depending on the lesson learned the second Danida Alumni Network Activity Grant call will be announced during the third quarter of 2018.